Thursday, July 8, 2010

MOVING

Hi guys,

Since it's been unbearably hot in NYC the past few days, I really have avoided doing any cooking. I had a nice fourth though, with some great recipes that I might post eventually (though I can't take credit for any of them). There was a nice shrimp scampi topped with toasted panko, and a cool watermelon and feta salad, good for any hot day.

I've also been busy packing, since I'm moving soon. Well, by packing I mean thinking about packing. I've done some, but I'm taking it slow. I'm moving out of my current place during the week of July 19, so I should probably pick up the pace a little bit.

Anyway, relevant to this blog, the new apartment has a working oven! YAY! Finally, I can make all of things I've been wanting to make for a year: like cookies! It's been a fun ride with the toaster though, and I'll be sad to leave it behind. I'm thinking I'll continue to post recipes, and maybe recipes with limitations for when you don't want to use the oven. I just don't have to be so restrictive anymore.

Stay cool guys!

Also,  I've posted a button here that links to my thumbtack.com profile. Spread the word that I'm good for tutoring!

1 comment: