Thursday, November 4, 2010

Crispy Shallots

Hi all,

I've been a terrible blogger again and I've managed to not update this blog for over a month! I've been really busy, or at least convincing myself of that, and haven't found time. Well, now I'm rectifying this situation! I'll be posting a bunch of recipes in relatively rapid succession (There's also some Soul Dog shots that will be mixed in for those of you who know and love their ridiculous hot dog toppings... I don't think I've ever had a dog there with less than 3).

Also, I realized that I don't make many vegetarian things, I'll also try to change that. In fact, there's no meat in our recipe for today... but it goes really well with a steak.

So, since they're called crispy shallots, you're going to need a shallow, sliced into nice, thin circles.
Those are not so thin, but they'll work. Separate them out and then get your self a whole mess of butter. Paula Deen, eat your heart out.

For one shallot you need between one and a half to two tablespoons of butter!
So, get that going in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once it's all melted, add in your shallots and a pinch of salt. Maybe some pepper too.

Then, just stir them around. They're basically getting deep fried in the butter.

At this point, they've gotten soft and are starting to turn brown. I think this was around 7 or 8 minutes, but don't take my word for it.

So, just let them go, stirring every so often until they are fully brown, then remove them to a paper towel.

It's that easy!

 These may look like they're gone too far, but they're actually freaking delicious. Serve it on top of a steak and you won't regret it. They would probably also go really well with the Pork Chops... mmm... but what doesn't go well with those?

1 comment:

  1. Will you give a recipe for steak?!? What's good marinating sauce??

    ReplyDelete